Friday 15 October 2010

Audio - James Howard-White

Spent much of yesterday hunting for possible foley sounds in town. The main aim was to acquire some busy background street recordings, however much of wanted street ambience was filled by an awful trumpet busker playing along to one of those chill out mood backing CDs that my Mum buys. Therefore I found myself having to work around this guy who's trumpet carried pretty much the entire length of the high street.

Nevertheless I acquired the sounds I needed and have been experimenting for the last couple of days (stay tuned for a couple of examples). Work has also begun on our vendors voice, considering my limited vocal talent we decided I come up with the voice before Callum and Tony work on his appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought of asking someone else to do the voiceover if you're not so comfortable doing it? You could ask a Theatre and Performance student that you might know for example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did give it some thought. I also have a brother who is a voice actor and I've done a bit of voice acting myself. It's not that I'm uncomfortable, more that I have a limited number of good voices, though everyone's happy with what I have come up with.

    ReplyDelete